- Try to limit the use of heated styling appliances such as the flat iron and hair dryer as they cause stress and damage to the hair giving it an opaque appearance and creating split ends.
- Do not apply hair products to the roots, keep it to the tips to avoid greasy and oily looking hair, after all you don’t want to look like a pirate! Stay away from silicone based products.
- Wash your hair with more frequency as the natural oils will cover your hair making it look oily.
- Protect your hair from the sun using the same sunscreen you use on your body.
- Avoid chlorinated pools as much as possible, especially the first few days after dying your hair.
Basic Tips For Looking After Short Hair